ROSWELL, Ga. — SiteOne Landscape Supply is hosting its 25th Annual Women in the Green Industry Conference (WIGI) September 30-October 3, 2021, in Alamo City, San Antonio, Texas. Registration is open until September 7 for the four-day professional development event focused on empowering women in green industry.
“This year, the focus is on ‘fulfilment’ as there has never been a better or more important time to celebrate the key role women play in shaping the future of the landscape industry and the help expand their personal networks and business opportunities,” said Christina Moore, Sr. Events Manager at SiteOne Landscape Supply. “After a year of unexpected changes and challenges, we are really looking forward to meeting in person to network, share best practices, support each other, and learn new business strategies that will benefit the landscape industry as a whole. ”
The 2021 “Embracing the Growth Zone” Welcome Dinner keynote will be given by Lauren Johnson, mental performance coach and speaker at Lauren Johnson & Co. Claire Goldman, director, design and business development manager at R&R Landscaping will open the first day of WIGI with “Better Together” – identifying and capitalizing on the differences between women and men to improve relations at work. Jennifer Lemcke, CEO of Weed Man, will close WIGI with “Building a team today and showing strength for the future”. The session will provide a deep dive into creating a process for recruitment efforts.
FIND LAST YEAR’S WIGI: Adopting leadership through change
Attendees will have the opportunity to learn from guest speakers, sponsors and each other by attending breakout sessions focused on topics including:
- “An Introduction to Wellness for Landscape Professionals” presented by Laura Butcher, Assistant Director, Personal Training, Auburn University.
- “How to Build and Maintain Scalable Systems” presented by Emily Lindley, Marketing Manager at The Grow Group, and Lisa Greenwell, Vice President of Business Operations at Greensweep LLC.
- “Win more profitable jobs with powerful job estimates and costs” presented by Brittany Auman, owner of Auman Landscape.
- “Boosting The Biz Inside and Out Through Photos” presented by Deborah Cole, owner of Deborah Cole Photography.
- “The Membership Economy” presented by Beth Barry, Vice President of Software Business Development at Real Green Systems.
- “Recruitment: Keep Flipping” presented by Robyn Moffat, SiteOne’s Recruitment Manager, and Michele Posehn, SiteOne’s Senior Manager, Diversity and Academic Relations.
- “Know your break-even point, so you don’t go broke,” presented by Lisa McCarthy, Founding Partner/COO at Out Of The Box Technology.
- “Remove Risk from Your Mix” presented by Jennifer Poore, Senior Manager of Marketing Communications at Bayer.
- “Go with the Flow: Irrigation Essentials” presented by Julie Zigler, Hunter Specifications Sales Manager, Florida at Hunter Industries.
- “Get Illuminated: Strategies for Customer Engagement” presented by Jenny Reemelin, Hunter Sales Manager, Northeast & Central Florida at Hunter Industries.
- “Outdoor Living – Not Just a FirePit Anymore” presented by Megan Pratt, Field Marketing Manager at Oldcastle APG.
- “Well-being for landscape professionals” presented by Mélanie Duguay, Customer Service and Logistics Manager at Techniseal.
- “Won’t you be my neighbor? Own the Neighborhood by Harnessing the Power of Next Door and Community Mk,” presented by Beth Barry, Vice President of Software Business Development at Real Green Systems.
WIGI is made possible by Presenting Sponsors: Hunter and FX Luminaire; Gold Sponsors: Belgard and Techniseal. Additional sponsors include: Bayer, Epic Plastics, LMN, NALP, NDS, Real Green Systems, ProGraphics Screen Printing, The Grow Group, PBI Gordon and IPS Weld On.
SiteOne customers can apply 75,000 Partner Points to cover the $999 registration fee, or 95,000 Partner Points for a $1,299 registration package including round-trip airfare, hotel, ground transportation, group meals, courses and opening sessions. Sign up for Women in the Green Industry at www.siteone.com/wigi2021.